About Me

My photo
Ohio, United States
My journey before and after bariatric surgery.

Friday, August 3, 2012

New habit

Now that Eli has learned to whistle....he does

All the time! 

I feel bad asking him to stop.  After all, it's taken him over five years to master the skill.  But it's become an unconscious habit he has formed...just sitting there, whistling. It very well might be considered a new tic, but for now we'll just call it a habit.

Walking through the house...whistling.  Playing video games...whistling.  In the bathroom...whistling. 

Most of the time I don't even think he's aware he's doing it.

"Eli!  Please stop!" is often being requested by one member of the family or another.  And he does.  For a little while.  Then he begins to whistle again.  It's so shrill and and piercing.  And neverending!  He just keeps whistling and whistling.

I'm sure in time the whistling will no longer hold his interest and he'll move on to something new. 

Not sure if I look forward to that time...or not....

No comments:

Post a Comment